Thursday, August 14, 2008

Netflix DVD Review: Hot Fuzz


Hmm, Hot Fuzz, Hot Fuzz...

Just saw this, got it through Netflix.

Ok, well, I LOVED Shaun of the Dead. It is one of my favorite comedies and the movie had a real emotional impact towards the end. It was just plain fabulous.

This movie had the same leading duo as in Shaun of the Dead, two very funny actors in their own right. They are also pretty funny in this movie!

This movie parodies Buddy Cop films like Bad Boys II and Point Break. I have never seen those movies, so I didn't understand a lot of the source material. Still, in spite of this, there were jokes in Hot Fuzz. And jokes are good to have in a comedy!

There was one scene that was very funny involving the lead guy from Shaun of the Dead, when he was a cop in this movie. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but it was a funny scene, and I laughed, and anytime I laugh is good if the movie is a comedy.

Due to HOT FUZZ having the two lead actors from a movie I liked a lot, Shaun of the Dead, and due to that funny scene where I laughed, I would say that HOT FUZZ is a 1/4 FULL CUP OF NETFLIX DVD.

3 comments:

Josh said...

this is genius. it's also amusing trying to extract what you actually thought of the movie from 100% positive comments. judging from this post, I would say we feel the same way about Hot Fuzz

Unknown said...

1/4 cup seems low?

Derrick said...

Very good steve, It does seem low. But that means that you are a pessimist.